Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Long Time Gone

So, it's been 3 1/2 years since I've written publicly. I could list everything that's happened in that time frame to explain where I've been. I could tell you I've been busy, overwhelmed even. That I've been trying to find myself or remember who I am. That I've been building a business or spending time with my family. While all those things are true in some capacity, that's not the reason I haven't written.

I believe there are periods in all of our lives when God is working on us, transforming us, shaping us into something that more beautifully reflects His image while at the same time allowing us to be broken and pieced back together so that His grace and mercy and goodness can pour out from our broken places into the lives of those around us. That's where I've been. Learning. Studying. Hurting. Growing. Being broken then repaired. Accepting of grace and mercy and goodness that I absolutely do not deserve. It's hard to write when you're in that place. It's confusing and often disorienting. But if you're willing to stop and listen, if you're willing to be teachable no matter how hard it is, you will learn more about yourself and your God than you ever thought was possible.

I still have so much more to learn, so much more to study, so much more to grow. But it's time to write again. I have too many things on my heart that need to be poured out into words, sentences, and paragraphs. And one thing I know to be true is this...if it's important to me, it will be important to at least ONE of you. So, welcome back, dear readers (are there any of you left?!) Let's get this party started again!

No comments: