Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Time flies when you're having fun!

So, there's this cute little guy that I live with who seems to take up all my time these days! I take lots of cute pictures of him, but can't seem to find the time to post them for the world to see (between all the bottle washing, bottle making, laundry and diapers...oh, and sleep!) So, without further ado, I'll share his cuteness. :)

Before this picture I should say that this little man really is a great sleeper. He's the best baby we could have ever asked for! I mean, really, better than my wildest expectation. He takes his last bottle around 11-11:30, sleeps until 4:30-5, eats again and goes right back to sleep, then gets up around 7:30. What's not to love?! His handsome Daddy gives him the 11:00 bottle so that I can get a little extra sleep, so life around here is good!

However, sometimes, when Mommy keeps him awake just a little too long or when his belly hurts just a little, he is FUSSY! Not often, but when he is, the swing is a total necessity. I thank my lucky stars that my Aunt Pam and Kara bought it for him! It has really helped his Mommy get extra sleep! So, this picture was taken on a particularly fussy day...but he would NOT keep the paci in his mouth. He would scream after he spit it out 'til I put it back in...then he spit it out and screamed again. So...I stuck the other end of the paci holder in his mouth and he LOVED it. Random, huh? He had never done that before, and he hasn't done it since...but hey! Whatever works! And for this day, work it did!


Josh's co-workers threw Asher a baby shower, so I was trying to show off his GQ outfit before we left the house.  He was NOT interested in this picture.  Owell!  You can at least see the outfit! :)
Cute cupcake cake! I was impressed!
This shower also happened to be on Josh's 30th birthday!  So, his boss and his wife brought him a piece of carrot cake from J. Alexander's (yum! our favorite!)  I am so thankful Josh is my husband and Asher's Daddy!  He is a wonderful father and just melts my heart when he interacts with our little man!
He did NOT want to celebrate his birthday, but we did at least convince him to go to dinner with us at J. Alexander's after the shower.  I mean, you can't have the carrot cake without also eating dinner there!  AND, the special was Steak Tuscan, so he was super-excited we went there!
He had been awake for almost 5 hours at this point...he was SLEEPY that night!!!  His Pop and Nana got to hold him way more than normal though, so they were happy campers!

No comments: